Sunday, March 9, 2014
Wi Fi(ght it?)
I am your typical 21 year old when it comes to technology. I have a laptop, and iPad, and an iPhone. My iPhone is enabled with LTE which I am informed that is super fast internet that just floats through the air waiting for me to use. Well I use it quite often and sometimes too much..Whoops! Well it finally caught up to me and I had to turn my Cellular data off for two days. You don't realize how much you use the internet to get out of conversation until you don't have it. For those two days I actually had to look at people in the eye and acknowledge that they existed. It was one of the most humbling experiences. I realized that I am selfish and not truly a member of this world. Of course though my outrageous use of internet caused me to go out and buy a router so that the wifi on my side of the apartment would actually work. Now I am not saying that I am going to picket technology, but instead of using my phone to get out of awkward situations or avoid conversation, maybe I will actually have a conversation. Who knows how many opportunities to witness I have missed because my twitter just had to be checked that minute. Which is more important the weather, a status update, new tweets, instagram likes, or eternal salvation?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment