Tuesday, April 29, 2014

8 Pages Deep...

First semester as an English major. Holy Moly! It has been a semester. I love it and hate it all at the same time. I took a full load of English classes. All of them having some sort of writing. First week of class and I felt like I was already drowning. I learned that I would be writing TWO 8 page papers this semester.  The longest paper I had ever written was seven pages and that was over something I genuinely enjoyed. First paper up was my film critical analysis. How I got 8 pages? No one will ever know. I had to write it in one night. That one flew by, the next was not as nice to me. I started on my Brit Lit paper two weeks before it was due. I got the heading done and then onto the intro. I stared at the blank computer screen forever! The intro was rough and I couldn't start it. So, the paper didn't get started until the day before it was due. Once I got started, the ideas and argument started to flow throughout the paper. I then fell asleep around 3 am..woke up around 7 to finish it in one and half pages. I was finally done and set free from those 8 pages. I could now conquer the world! I could truly take on whatever the world had to throw at me. Even though I got 4 hours of sleep, I felt like I had completed something that was genuinely worth my time. The semester is winding down and I don't want to do anything else. I feel as if my TWO 8 page papers have been the highlight of my semester and that is how it should end. Those 8 pages were my Bang! and they say, "you should go out with a Bang!"

No comments:

Post a Comment