Friday, March 5, 2010


The world today we live in is all about getting ahead, looking better than everyone else, and getting what you want at all costs. So often I'm reminded through high school drama that just because someone is nice to your face doesn't mean they like you. We think that just because the person isn't around they don't know if we are talking bad about them. I will never forget in first grade I had a friend Charles. (not his real name.) The kids would make fun of him but never to his face always behind his back. One day he didn't show up to school so I had my mom, call his house and see what was wrong. It turned out he had heard what everyone was saying about him and would not come out of his room all day cause he did not want to go to school. Now, I was a first grader so this blew my mind that words could affect someone so hard. I hear so much just nonsense about what people say about people but not to their face. You then will see the person and the victim chattin it up in the hallway. All I want to do in that situation is go tell the victim how fake that person is being. I am in no way saying I'm perfect and don't catch myself doing it sometimes. I just want to point out that people do find out and if you won't say it in front of them, then why say it at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment