As many of you know I was rear ended on December 4, 2009 and have been experiencing lower back pain ever since. At first it was just horrible pain that I honestly couldn't handle. Then, I just ignored it, but after time it became really annoying and I just wanted it to stop. I had 2 X-Rays done, an MRI, and a month and a half of physical therapy. I went back to the orthopedist and they proceed to say that it could take up to 9 months for me to completely heal. Now this is not a self-pity post, I do have a reason for this. At first I was very mad about the length of time it would take, but now God has showed me what I can take from this experience. Everyday, when I get out of bed the pain overtakes me, but then I realize Jesus went through so much more pain for us just so that we can live forever. So every morning I just ask God to give me His Son's strength and that is how I get through the day. We constantly want a quick fix from the pains of life when there is someone that experienced ALL the pains of life. Jesus was a surprise to His parents, rejected by His peers, and questioned by His elders. He was betrayed, mocked, killed, and most of all Jesus' own Father turned His back on His Son. We may think that no one can understand what we are going through but He does! :) So next time when your feeling sorry for yourself, just remember there is someone who understands and wants to listen!
No comments:
Post a Comment