Saturday, April 10, 2010


Life is too short to just live my own way and worry about the “things” I have. No one is perfect, but as Christians I must strive to live as the Bible tells me. My life should show improvement and evidence that I try to live as Christ.
This earth and my possessions will not last forever. There are some people on this earth that only care about material things. Others, only care about heavenly things, as a Christian this must be me. Yes, I must take care about my body and provide for my needs. My life however, must not be consumed by investing in monetary possessions.
Everything I do, say, and think affects the kingdom of God in one way or another. God commands me to study and obey His Word. All too often I read His Word, but I do not let it affect my life in any way. I like what is convenient for me, whether it be obeying His Word or not. Yes, I love God with all my being, but sometimes I to often let my flesh decided whether to obey Him or not.
Life is not measured by how many electronics I have or how much money I have saved. Life is measured by how I live. I must ask myself at the end of everyday, “Did I live for myself or Him?” Everyday my goal should be to build His kingdom, not my own. The fact of the matter is though I am not perfect, and I never will be. That fact however should not stop me from trying my very best to live for Him and His Kingdom daily!
The world will not be here forever nor will my possessions be. That very fact will be my motivation, to add to Christ’s Kingdom. People say I want to be remembered or leave a legacy. I say do not remember me, but remember Christ through me.


...This was a paper I was assigned to write that I thought was stupid, but God really spoke to me and showed me that I need to take a good look at my life. I challenge you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment