Friday, May 9, 2014

Every Sunday Sigma Phi Lambda meets for chapter. To be honest, most of my time is spent checking twitter or hoping someone would text me. I only pay attention to what I think is “important”. My attitude has been wrong. Our awesome chaplain presented a devotional at this past Sundays chapter. It really challenged me. She spoke about being an active Christian, not a passive one that just lives the “Christian” life. We should be actively seeking out conversations and opportunities to share Christ’s love. It really made me think about Christmas. I don’t come from the wealthiest home, but I will probably receive anywhere from 300-500 dollars worth of stuff. Now granted some of the things I will be receiving I do actually need, but majority of the stuff I get will probably have a life span of a year if not shorter. I had myself convinced that by donating and handing down my clothes and shoes that I don’t want anymore I was helping someone. Yes, I am helping someone, but let’s be realistic, I have 20+ more shoes that I think I need. I have clothes that I need to keep just in case. Who am I kidding? I am not okay with my lifestyle. I know that God can use me no matter what, but I am really comfortable in life right now. That fact really scares me. I definitely think a revaluation of my heart is over due. Now, I don’t share this to get the, “O my gosh, she is awesome” response. No! I am far from even partially deserving that. I say all this to challenge you. Just think about Christmas this year and what it really means. I say I know the real meaning and can quote from memory the Scriptures about baby Jesus. When Christmas morning arrives though, my reaction is not to celebrate Him, it’s to get to those presents as fast as possible. I think this year I am gonna start some new traditions in my house. December 25th needs to be about Him not about me. I know this all might seem like rambling, but it all comes full circle to Active. What are you gonna do today to bring people closer to His kingdom? I pray that for me and all of you that as Christians we will have a heart change to be Active Christians. 
Revelation 3:16-But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment