Friday, May 9, 2014
This semester I lived with three freshmen. Going into the whole thing I felt unhappy and like I deserved to live with my friends. I became their mom though this year. I fixed broken things in the apartment. I helped them figure out where OSU hides all the essential technology tools for class. I often gave life advice and talked them down from stress highs. We ate together and spent the weekends doing crazy things that I wouldn't trade for the world. We did life together and I wouldn't have had it any other way. I taught one of them how to do laundry and that the ice make wasn't broken, it just wasn't on. No matter what happened at the end of the day we were there for each other. I took care of them when they were sick and drove them to class. This year was one to remember. Not just for the fun that was had, but for the life lessons and the growth that came out of living with 3 freshmen. When they didn't make the grades they wanted I told them that it was okay. College is something you have to get through and sometimes it is not fair. All else fails you can take the class again. Starbucks runs were the thing to do when we were bored or just needed a quick boost. There is a piece of land that hasn't been developed yet behind Starbs. We would often take my roommates jeep and go "Four wheeling" back there on our way to Starbucks. We made the little things fun and it reminded me that no matter what is stressing me out, sometimes it is okay to act like a freshman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment