Friday, May 9, 2014

*Beep, Beep, Beep* Not Again! I put my finger on the screen of my Iphone and slide it across the screen so that the annoying noise will stop blaring at me. My mind and eyes drift back asleep for 20 more minutes. Shoot! I only have ten minutes to make it to class. Do I wear the same clothes as yesterday? Well it looks like I don’t have time to change. Find my keys, where are my keys? After digging through the three mounds of clothes I finally find them! Backpack, got it. Lock the door, crap I forgot to take my medicine. Now I’m running ten minutes late. Well I am going to be late to class, oh well at least I am going, right? As I open the door and the wind hits me in the face, all I want to do is go back to bed. Why am I even trying? I am just throwing my money away into this bottomless pit of five years for a major I don’t even want. Now I am at the stairs, do I walk down them or maybe if I tripped I wouldn’t have to go to class. But then my parents would have to pay for another doctor visit and they wouldn’t be very happy. Turn my car on and plug my phone in. What do I want to listen to today? Katy Perry it is! I need some unconditional love. I pull out of my parking lot and of course I get stuck behind the stupid OSU landscaping people that their little car only goes like 15 MPH. I’m in a hurry here! Don’t they know I am running 10 minutes late for class? I finally make it to campus and briskly walk to class trying to keep my eyes open. Every person I see, I wonder, do they know that I am just going through the motions? There are times like when I am at the church when I feel truly happy, but other than that I am waiting for that passion that other talk about all the time. I don’t want to be stuck in a job that I hate and don’t want to get out of bed every morning for. So how and where do I get it? Help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment